Monday, July 23, 2012

THIS Summer's Go-To Look

If you had asked me last summer what my go-to look was I would have said maxi dresses, hands down. I wore a maxi dress just about everyday for every occasion. This summer, for some reason, I've migrated to shorts and a cute tank. It's strange really, because I've never been a shorts wearing girl. I even blogged about it a few times. I guess the stars aligned or pigs flew because I've been reaching for shorts far more often than maxi dresses or skirts.

These black shorts are some of my favorites. I should have bought them in more colors while the buying was good but I was in my "I don't wear shorts" phase at the time and passed them by. So these make the rotation quite often. Length is important to me when choosing shorts. Too long and I look stumpy (yep, stumpy) and too short, well, let's just say it's not pretty!! This tank was a gift from my son's girlfriend. We were out consignment shopping one afternoon when I fell in love with it but didn't buy it so she went back the next day and surprised me with it. Sequins, stars and a little sheerness, the perfect combo!

What's your go-to look this summer? Is it different from previous summers? Today I'm linking up with Real Girl Glam! Have a savvy and stylish day!

<3 Mz Savvy Style

2 comments:

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

stylish as alwayys
Xo Megan

Real Girl Glam said...

This is a great look! Those shorts are definitely the perfect length and I love the shoes! Thank you for joining the 'Real Girl Style' link up!