Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue

Happy Fourth of July! Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays of the year. My parents always come to town from PA and our entire family ~ my three brothers, my sister and their spouses and kids along with my family ~ spend the day (and sometimes the night) cooking out, swimming, catching up, running and watching fireworks. No stress, no fancy meals, just hanging out and celebrating family and our great country (unfortunately my sis and her family, my oldest and her fiancé can't be with us this year and they will be greatly missed!).

Along with the Fourth comes dressing in the colors of the holiday ~ red, white and blue. Here are just a few of the combinations I came up with. All of these clothing pieces were things I already had in my closet ~ and some of them have been in there for a very long time! I love mixing and matching "old" pieces to create new and interesting outfits.

What are you wearing for the Fourth? How do you celebrate? I hope you all, no matter what you're wearing or how you're celebrating, have a savvy and stylish holiday!!

<3 Mz Savvy Style

5 comments:

Katie said...

those red wedges are SO cute!! and I love your striped skirt!!

CC said...

Cute outfits! I love the one with the stripe skirt. Cute! ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE anything with stripes! Cute mini! New Follower.xx

Val Verde said...

adore your looks...I did 3 looks for the 4th!

xoxo,
Val
http://valverdestyle.com

mary said...

How fun!! Love all your Red, White and Blue gear and the black/white horizontal striped back! You look great!