Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Monochromatic and Phillip Lim

You'd think wearing shades of gray from head to toe would be boring but with the right accessories, like a huge statement necklace and sliver pointy toe pumps, it's anything but.  Speaking of pointy toe pumps ~ one of the combos I've been wearing a lot lately is cropped trousers or cuffed jeans and pointy toe pumps or skimmers.  I'm a shoe addict so I love the fact that the cropped trousers or cuffed jeans let your shoes be on display instead of covered up under a pant leg and the pointy toe of the pumps or skimmers lengthens and slims the leg ~ and who doesn't love that, right?

Now the bag ~ it's Phillip Lim for Target.  I was one of the crazies who got up at the crack of dawn to be one of the first to my local Target to score one (or two).  I was not one of the crazies who stayed up all night to shop Target.com so by the time I got up at 7:00am all the bags were sold out online so off to the store I went.  I was most interested in the bags ~ I've wanted a Phillip Lim for a while and this was my chance ~ but the rest of the line is really great too.  I picked up a few skirts and a top too to go along with my bags.  This collaboration, to me, is one of the best designer/Target lines yet.  The quality is great, price points are affordable and the items are all very close to the designers regular line.  But don't get me started on the people who bought up mass amounts of Phillip Lim for Target only to sell it at grossly marked up prices on eBay!  It infuriates me.  It's not the point if these collaborations.  The point is for the average person on the average budget to be able to purchase something from these usually high end designers, not for greedy people to buy up all the merchandise before others can get there only to resell it for profit!  Ok ~ I feel better now!  Phillip Lim for Target is a great line and if your Target still has some in stock and you get the chance to buy a piece or two, do!


<3 Mz Savvy Style

Today I'm linking up with Real Girl Style, Trend Spin Linkup, Random Wednesday and Style Sessions ~ links in sidebar.










1 comment:

Nikki said...

Pretty outfit! I am totally in love with those silver pumps. I need to find myself a pair! Also I think it's brilliant to do grey and silver together. :) I didn't love everything from the 3.1PLxTarget line, but I did LOVE the bags!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com