Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Snow Day and A Legacy Bag

Sorry that it's Wednesday and I'm just now doing my first post of the week!  What a crazy few days it's been here!  On Sunday I went to my sister-in-law's to help her pack up her house for her and her family's move to California.  I spent the night with her so we could finish packing on Monday.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous ~ so much so that we had the doors open so we could enjoy the beautiful day while we were busy packing.  We finished up Monday afternoon and after saying our goodbye's and shedding a few tears I headed home.  By Tuesday morning the temperature was dropping and the clouds were rolling in.  If you watch the news you know what happened here in Georgia come mid morning on Tuesday ~ snow, ice and panic hit.  I know for those in the North it's hard to understand how 2-3 inches of snow can completely shut a state down and leave people stranded for hours upon hours.  We only get snow here every few years so there is not the equipment or manpower needed to clear roads.  People don't stock their cars with blankets and food, don't have chains or snow tires and most don't even wear boots, gloves and coats!  Fortunately my kid's schools were cancelled early and all of our jobs closed and sent everyone home before it got bad out.  We were cozy at home enjoying the beautiful snow but many people were not so lucky.  My brother-in-law is still stuck at the airport after flying in from California yesterday afternoon, one of my brother's was stranded at work until he was finally able to get home a few hours ago and my other brother's wife, who works at a hospital, worked a 24 hour shift and after a quick rest has to do it again.  I'm praying everyone is able to get home safely to their family's soon!

Being the fashion blogger I am I couldn't let a beautiful snow day go by without using it as a backdrop for blog pictures!  This is the first of three outfits I pulled for my "snow day" pictures.  A cozy cape layered over a striped cowl-neck, with leather leggings, Hunter wellies and of course a hat and gloves!  And I can't forget my new Coach Legacy bag!  I've been on the hunt for over a year now for the perfect red cross-body bag.  I knew I wanted a vintage Coach ~ either a Willis bag or Legacy bag ~ but was having a hard time finding one.  I frequent a shop here in Athens,  Agora Vintage and mentioned to the owner, Airee, what I was looking for and...she found it!  A mint condition, vintage, red Coach Legacy bag!  And because I'm working on a collaboration with her (more on that later) she gave me an amazing deal (under $70)! Woo hoo!

I hope you all are safe and warm!!

XO Mz Savvy Style

Linking up with Monday Mingle, Funday Monday, Style Sessions, Trend Spin Linkup, Random Wednesday and  The Pleated Poppy












Sweater Cape: New York and Company (old but similar here) | Top: Old Navy (old, identical here) | Leggings: Entourage (sold out but similar here and here) | Wellies: Hunter | Gloves: Loft (old, similar here and here) | Bag: Vintage Coach Legacy from Agora Vintage and in tan here | Lips: L'Oreal Colour Riche in Real Red

4 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I know. Snow is so pretty, especially in the background. I like your warm outfit. I especially like how you added red accessories in the pictures.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

Laura B @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Love those gloves and the bag! I absolutely love Coach! Thanks for linking up!

Because Shanna Said So said...

You look so warm and stylish!!! I don't know how you ladies take pics in the cold, snow like this. I almost died this week when it iced...LOL!! Love the pops of red!!

Jill said...

Love the jacket!