Friday, June 27, 2014

All Dressed Up (kind of) and No Place To Go

The other night was our Southern Blog Society quarterly meet up at BLT Steak in Atlanta.  On a good day with no traffic and perfect weather conditions it's an hour and a half drive from where I live in Athens.  Well, the weather was far from perfect and the traffic was terrible.  I was about 3/4 of the way there when the bottom fell out and the rain got so bad that I couldn't see and traffic was at a standstill.  I realized that by the time I got to the meet up with the conditions the way they were it would be over and honestly I didn't want to continue to drive into the storm so I turned around and went back home.  But at least I got some good outfit pics before I left the house and the rain started!


I have a thing for bow blouses, I have a thing for distressed denim and I have a thing for leopard print anything so putting them all together in one outfit and adding a pop of color in a fun bag makes for the perfect outfit in my book.  I'd wear a version of this combo every day if I could.  My youngest daughter surprised me with these shoes the other day.  She inherited my love for thrift/consignment shopping and came across these leopard peep-toe wedges at one of our favorite consignment shops for a steal.  They were not in her size but in mine so she got them for me as a little treat!  Peep-toes are perfect for showing off a fun pedi!


What I'm Wearing ~
Black Sleeveless Bow Blouse: Thrifted (Similar here and here)
Distressed Skinny Jeans: Blank NYC Denim
Leopard Peep Toe Wedges: Thrifted (Identical here and this black and leopard pair are super cute!)
Bag: Shiraleah via TJMaxx (Similar here and here)
Sunnies: Emilio Pucci








XO
Mz Savvy Style

Linking up with Mamanista Friday's, Casual Friday and Friday's Fab Favorites

6 comments:

Whitney and Blaire said...

I also have a thing for those things! You look great! Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate and we can catch up! Take care!
xo, Whitney and Blaire
Peaches In A Pod

Doused In Pink said...

Stopping by from the Casual Friday linkup. Loving those leopard wedges!

Jill
dousedinpink.blogspot.com

Colour Queen said...

I love your leopard wedges, never seen them before! Also love your gorgeous handbag, quite unique!

palmandpineblog said...

LOVE those heels!

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog

Elle Sees said...

i had plans to go but when it started raining, into my pjs i went! this has happened the past 2 blog events i went to! getting home at 7 didn't help either, hehe.

Baby Shopaholic said...

This outfit is so me! Love me some leopard!