Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Next Chapter

It's been a while!  Last Wednesday was the last day at what I've always referred to here as my "day job".  After 10+ years there, with the last one being over-the-top stressful, I made the decision to leave and pursue my "next chapter" ~ being a full-time Stella & Dot Stylist, Fashion Blogger and Wardrobe Stylist!  I'm slightly nervous ~ going from a steady (all be it small) paycheck to straight commission and client by client pay can be a little unsettling ~ but it was time to do what I love.  The things I'm passionate about (besides my family) were taking a back burner because the "day job" was taking all of my time and energy.  So, I'm back!  Regular posting will resume as of today.  I've updated my SHOP page with some of my favorite summer finds and I've updated my STELLA & DOT page with new how-to-style images and info on the most current Stella pieces.  Make sure you check them both out ~ and do a little summer shopping while you're there!

About a month ago I was presented with the opportunity to work with one of my all-time favorite boutiques and be "the face" of their new misses line!  Such an honor as well as exciting!  My daughter and I took a day and headed up to beautiful Hiawassee, Georgia in the North Georgia Mountains for a styling session and photo shoot at The Loft Boutique.  The shop's owner Brette, who is as smart and gorgeous as she is sweet, and the shop's manager Ashton, who is super business savvy as well as an amazingly talented photographer, gave me full rein over styling their well curated misses line.  After a few hours of my pulling looks together and trying everything on, we loaded all of the chosen clothes, shoes, bags and accessories in to our cars, along with a changing tent, and headed down to the nearby lake.  It was the perfect backdrop for our shoot!  It was a little windy but was an absolutely beautiful day for our first website (their) - blog (mine) photo session.

Today's outfit features one of my favorite trends ~ pattern mixing.  Pattern mixing always makes an outfit more interesting!  I used the blue in the print of the pants to go with the blue in the print of the vest.  I kept the rest of the outfit solid since both patterns are larger and adding another print would have been overwhelming.  I could have gone with a neutral pair of shoes but adding the pop of unexpected color with the raspberry espadrille wedges adds another point of interest and plays off of the colors in the necklace.






Let's talk about these pants for a minute ~ if you are looking for slimming pants that are perfectly cropped (on trend for summer) and tailored than look no further!  They come in several different colors and patterns.  Get more info HERE or call the store at 706-898-5191 and the awesome stylists will be happy to help you!

Thanks for hanging with me through this last year of transition!  The next chapter is going to be so much fun!

XO
Elizabeth



Photos by Ashton Jones Photography





I'm linking up with some of my favorite blogs ~ all links are in the sidebar

3 comments:

Elle Sees said...

congrats to you! you look wonderful.

HeidiFerguson said...

Congratulations mz savvy style!! So thrilled you have moved on to your passion! You are so great at what you do and it's awesome that you are getting to "run with it" and put your full energy out there! Love the outfit and yes, that pop of pink in the shoes is perfection!!!

Debbie Stinedurf said...

Congratulations on taking the leap! Doing what you love is so important even if it's scary. But can we talk about those pants?! Love them...and the print mix couldn't be better. :)
Debbie
www.fashionfairydust.com