Monday, July 30, 2012

Copy Cat

Happy Monday! I hope all of you had a great weekend! My weekend was exhausting! I spent it moving my oldest daughter home from college. She just completed her final class and is D.O.N.E done with college!!! She's moving home and will begin an internship in August with "Extra Special People" here in town. Then in January she'll be getting married! Which means over the next six months you may be hearing a lot about weddings and planning! We have so much to do!

My youngest daughter and I shot these pictures last Thursday while we were spending the day together shopping in our beautiful little town. I knew there would be no chance to get pictures this past weekend unless you wanted to see me in sweat shorts and a t-shirt! Packing, cleaning, scrubbing and moving was all that took place and looking savvy and stylish was not happening!

As I mentioned in Friday's post, my youngest and I decided to spend one of our last few days of summer together shopping and lunching. I ordered this necklace the previous Friday from The Red Dress Boutique, picked it up Wednesday and could not wait to wear it! It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for in a turquoise necklace. I really wanted it to be the focal point of my outfit so I wore it with a plain white tank. The maxi skirt is an Old Navy clearance sale find and the reason I titled my post "Copy Cat". My sister-in-law has the same skirt and styled it almost the same way when she wore hers on our family vacation earlier in the summer. I was going to buy the skirt in a different color combo but loved the orange-red-pink of this one so much I just had to get it. (I did call my sister-in-law to make sure she didn't mind - I don't want to be Teresa Gudice after all!) Imitation is the best form of flattery, right? :-)

I'm linking up today, as I do every Monday, with the fabulous ladies of Monday Mingle! Have a savvy and stylish start to your week!

<3 Mz Savvy Style

15 comments:

Tania said...

Love this outfit. The colours look so great on you:)

Kim, USA said...

My first time to visit your blog. I love your outfit and you are very gorgeous so as your daughter. ^_^


Kim,USA

Sarah Hulbert Style said...

Your color scheme in this outfit is just gorgeous! LOVE those necklaces!! ~Sarah

CSLewisbuff said...

The outfit looks great on you! Love that necklace with it!

Rebecca said...

I love that colorful maxi skirt...can work with almost anything!!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Mz Savvy Style said...

Thank you! Thanks for stopping by! XO

Mz Savvy Style said...

Thank you! I'm excited for her ~ now to begin planning her wedding! Aaaaaahhhhh! :)

My other daughter looks just like me too ~ and we all sound alike! It's funny!

I'm LOVING my new necklace!! Thanks for reading! XO

Mz Savvy Style said...

Thank you so much, Kim!!

Mz Savvy Style said...

Thanks!! This is actually one necklace ~ layers of turquoise beads! The Red Dress Boutique may have more on their website. Thanks so much for reading! XO

Mz Savvy Style said...

That's very sweet coming from you! Especially since you're the one I copied! :)

Mz Savvy Style said...

Isn't it fun?!? I'm loving it!

Unknown said...

Love the colours in this outfit!
Iva
One Chic Mom
http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

Nikki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I ADORE these bright colors on you! Especially that turquoise necklace! You look great!
xoxo,
Nikki at Bedazzles After Dark

Mary Lindsey said...

I love this color combination! :)

-Mary @ Style That Moves

Andrea @ Tweed and Toile said...

Love those orange shoes!
BTW...I'm your newest follower. :o)

http://tweedandtoile.blogspot.com/