Friday, December 28, 2012

This Christmas

Here it is, Friday night, and I'm just now doing my post from Tuesday! Better late than never I guess! This is what I wore for Christmas. I wanted to wear Christmas colors without dressing like one of Santa's helpers! Ha! The shirt, T and cords all came from Old Navy. They had the cutest stuff this season! This embellished T is a little different than what I normally wear but I thought it was too cute not to give it a try and it was a steal at only $10!

Our Christmas was busy but wonderful! Christmas Eve started off with the Tingle Jingle, the annual Christmas Eve run I do with my running group, family and friends. This year it was raining so our numbers were down a bit and we had to move our post-run breakfast tailgate into a nearby parking garage, but it still was the best way to start Christmas, running thru the beautifully decorated streets of Athens with some if my dearest friends! Christmas Eve afternoon we headed to my brother's in Atlanta to have the "Fischer Family Christmas" with my parents, siblings and their families. This was truly the highlight of my Christmas! I'm the oldest of five, my parents live 1200 miles away, so having EVERYONE under one roof was a blessing and pure joy! That night we came back home and the kids opened their pajamas (doesn't everyone get pajamas on Christmas Eve?!?) before I stuffed stockings and fell into bed. Christmas morning we were up early (but not as early as we used to get up when the kids were little!) to have our little family Christmas (just the six of us). This is the last Christmas before my oldest daughter gets married in January, so it was bitter-sweet! After the gifts were opened, blueberry/cream cheese French toast casserole was eaten and everyone was dressed and ready, we headed to my in-laws for the "Herrin Family Christmas"! It was another wonderful day of family, food and celebration. I did receive awesome gifts but the best thing about my Christmas was spending time with some of the people I love most!

How was your Christmas? Are you "Christmased Out" or still celebrating? We now have shifted gears here to "Wedding Countdown" mode! 28 days to go and so much to do!!

Have a savvy and stylish weekend!! Thank you for reading!

<3 Mz Savvy Style

















2 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

$10? It's a TOTAL steal, and looks awesome on you. Wow. What a wonderful Christmas you had. And look at all those presents!
Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less

Sistergirl said...

Wow your outfit is comfy and cute for the season.