Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pattern Mixing Addict

My name is Elizabeth and I'm a pattern mixing addict.  Seriously, an outfit seems boring to me if it only has one pattern going on.  Pattern mixing is a trend that I have embraced whole heartily and then some and one I hope stays around for a long time!  An easy way to try pattern mixing is to stick with patterns in the same color family like I did in both of these outfits here.  The first outfit is navy and white.  The striped skirt with the smaller pattern compliments the shirt with the same colors but bolder floral pattern and the polka dot shoes just add a little kick (pun intended).  The second outfit (that I had to take upside-down selfies of because I had no one to take my pics this morning and I have yet to get a tripod for my iPhone - blogger problems) follows the same "rules" per say but done in black and white - bolder print mixed with a smaller print with an additional print all in the same color family.

How do you mix your patterns?

<3 Mz Savvy Style

Today I'm linking up with Walking In Memphis In High Heels and The Fashion Canvas for Trend Spin Linkup, with Real Girl Glam for Real Girl Style and Because Shanna Said So for Random Wednesday. (links in sidebar!)

  







1 comment:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Unlike you, I tread mixing patterns. It's only because I'm terrible at it. Thanks for the inspiration though. Loving the last outfit.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews