Monday, August 19, 2013

The Tease

This past weekend in Georgia Mother Nature decided to tease us a bit by giving us some cool fall-like weather.  Saturday was a high 61 ~ totally unheard of here in September, let alone August!  Being the fall-loving girl I am I decided to embrace the cool temps while we had them and come up with some transitional outfit ideas.  It was still on the coolish side today (73 instead of 61, but better than the predicted 87 of Friday) so I decided to wear one of the outfits I came up with.  

Short sleeved sweatshirts or sweaters are a favorite of mine because you can wear them alone when it's warmer but layer other shirts under them when it's cooler for a more interesting look.  I got this sweatshirt recently on clearance at Gap.  I love the navy and gray leopard print which I wear as a neutral like I did here today.  The button down I layered under the sweatshirt is one I've had in my closet forever and use as a layering piece often.  They grey and white stripe is subtle but fun at the same time.  These red jeans were a staple of my wardrobe last fall and winter and I'm guessing they will be again this season.  You can't go wrong with red jeans ~ especially when you live in Athens, Georgia!  The hot pink heels are a recent TJMaxx score - and I mean S.C.O.R.E!!!  BCBGeneration pumps on clearance for $7!!!!  Oh, how I love TJMaxx!!

Are you as ready for fall weather and fashion as I am?  How do you transition your wardrobe from one season to the next?

<3 Mz Savvy Style

Today I'm linking up with Monday Mingle and Funday Monday ~ links in sidebar.







2 comments:

Marie said...

jealous! layering would be so fun!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love the necklaces!