Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Styling a Boyfriend Jacket

I've been on the hunt for the perfect black boyfriend jacket for a while now.  You know when you have an idea in your head of what something needs to be like but you just can't find it?  That describes my search for the boyfriend jacket of my dreams.  I've checked everywhere, from T.J. Maxx to Target, Gap, Old Navy and Macy's, with no luck.  But then today I decided to try H&M online.  I have a confession.  I've never shopped H&M, online or in the store.  There is not an H&M near us and the online H&M thing is new so I'm just now getting around to checking it out.  Plus there's the age factor...should a woman over 40 really be shopping at H&M?  Well I did, and I found the perfect jacket, at least from what it looks like online!  It's called the dinner jacket blazer.  It has clean lines and a slightly oversize-but-not-slouchy fit.  I'll let you know if it's the jacket of my dreams when it gets here in a few days!

Now that the jacket is on it's way I needed to justify the purchase with at least three ways to style it with things already in my closet.  That's my rule when I buy something, I need to have at least three outfits I can wear the new item with.  With a black boyfriend jacket the possibilities are endless really, it's such a versatile piece, but I created a few ideas to get me started.

<3 Mz Savvy Style

Linking up with Random Wednesday and Working Girl With Style






No comments: