Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Aztec and Plaid

I got this sweater from my mother-in-law for Christmas.  I love the Aztec pattern and colors (I don't own anything else like it) and I immediately started thinking of ways to style it.  My first thought was to wear it with skinny jeans and a white shirt ~ kind of basic, safe and a little boring.  Then I remembered I had this plaid flannel shirt from Old Navy.  Since I'm a huge fan of pattern-mixing and the blue in the shirt is the exact blue as the blue in the sweater I knew they were a match made in pattern-mixing heaven.  To balance out the size of the sweater and shirt I then decided to wear navy, denimish leggings and riding boots.  And to top it all off ~ red lips, of course!

Did you know you can shop my looks right from my blog?  When creating my post I try to find similar if not the same items that I'm wearing and post the links in the bottom of the page below the pictures so if you love a particular item I'm wearing, or want to create the whole look yourself, it's as easy as a click!  I'm your own personal shopper and wardrobe stylist!

XO Mz Savvy Style

Linking up with Random Wednesday, The Pleated Poppy and Working Girl With Style.








Shirt: Old Navy | Sweater: Gift but similar here and here | Leggings: Forever 21 (When wearing leggings make sure your top/sweater cover your bottom.  Leggings are not pants!) | Riding Boots: OLD from JCPenny ~ similar here | Bag: Louis Vuitton | Lips: L'Oreal True Red

3 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Perfect style - the plaid worked. And the bulky cardi is lovely.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

Callie said...

So cute!! I love the pattern mixing. :) I wore a bulky cardigan this weekend too! :) I'll have to pair it with plaid now - you're so inspiring!

~Callie
www.creationsbycallie.com

gabrielle said...

really loving this unique combo of styles. you cracked me up with your reminder -- leggings are not pants! hahaha, so true!

xo,
gabby
www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com