Friday, May 30, 2014

Casual Friday Outfit, Getting Use to the New Do and the Start of MySummer

By the time Friday rolls around I'm ready to dress down because Friday's the weekend too and that's how we roll on the weekend, right?  This week seemed endless even though it was a short week because I was wrapping up things at the day job before summer break.  It's amazing what you remember that needs to be done when you are not going to be there for the next 8-9 weeks!!  I'm the kind of person that can't "put things off to later" so it was some long days but it was worth it because I am now "free" for the summer!  I'm looking forward to this one because last year my oldest daughter was in the hospital all summer long which meant I was in the hospital all summer long.  I'm not complaining, I would do it all over again to be there by her side through it all, but let me tell you, we are both celebrating her health, sunshine and summer big time this year!!

Now for the outfit...There is nothing more classic-casual than a good pair of faded jeans and a white t-shirt (or a white button down, my other casual day go-to).  It's easy, it always looks effortless and it's comfortable.  Pair it with booties in the colder months and with t-strap sandals in the warmer, add a statement necklace (or two) and you are good to go!

And the new do...I washed and styled my new do for the first time yesterday.  In some respects it's easier, like the much shorter dry time, but in some ways not.  It could just be the new-do-learning-curve.  I'm sure I'll get better at styling efficiency and what to do with it between washings (I only wash my hair twice a week).  I did invest in a few of the products my stylist used on it to get the look I want ~ Bed Head Hair Stick for the piecey look, root lifting spray for volume (who wants flat hair?), and a good styling wand for loose waves.  The Hubs was out of town this week and when I told him I was getting my hair cut off he was not too excited.  He's a long hair guy, so I was a little worried when he got home yesterday at what he'd think about it...AND HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!!  I got like a foot cut off my hair and he didn't think it looked different!  Men! Haha!


What I'm Wearing ~
White T: Gap (this one is a cute option too)
Jeans: Joe's These are my absolute favs!! They fit perfectly, feel like I've had them forever and they have a worn-in look without being distressed so I can wear them more places (like work on a casual day).
Bag: Tory Burch (last season - this season's Straw Tory Burch, or cute straw totes by Michael Kors and Rebecca Minkoff)
T-Strap Multi-Metallic Sandals: Sam Edelman
Statement Necklace: TJMaxx (similar beach themed necklaces herehere and here)
Leather Cuff: MADE in the deep south (It's by far the one piece of jewelry I wear the most. MADE now has an Etsy shop for those of us who don't have a store nearby that carries their line.  If you visit their shop please let them know Mz Savvy Style sent you!)










Happy Weekend, everyone!!

XO
Mz Savvy Style

Linking up with Casual Friday Linkup, Maminista Friday's and Friday's Fab Favorites

No comments: