Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Professional

Do you find that during the summer it's hard to dress up?  I have the tendency to want to dress for every occasion in the summer like I'm at the beach or on vacation even though I'm not.  It's hard to go into my closet and pick out an outfit that's office/work appropriate because I just want to be in cutoffs and a tank top 24/7!  Fortunately for me my summer office is at home and my dress code is pretty relaxed (think sweat-shorts and an over sized T) but when I do have to step out of the home office for client meetings I still want to have a comfortable, relaxed, summer look that's also professional and polished at the same time.  The relaxed pant trend is a great alternative for professional summer dressing.  Lighter weight pants in a looser fit are more comfortable than traditional trousers but can be just as polished and professional when paired with the right top and accessories.


A pair of relaxed pants in a soft fabric gets polished and professional with a front tucked striped top, floral scarf and closed toe pumps.  If I was going to an office I would trade the straw bag for a leather tote and the pink platform pumps for a pair with a lower heel and no platform.


What I'm Wearing ~
Relaxed Trousers: Forever 21 (sold out) ~ Similar (but with the tuxedo stripe) from Gap.
Striped Top (A wardrobe staple in my book!): Old Navy
Scarf: Gap (last summer) ~ Other pretty options hereherehere and here!
Pink Pumps: Charlotte Russe (old) ~ Identical and these from Isaac Mizrahi are a more office appropriate option.
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (no longer available) ~ This one by Michael Kors is summer-professional.
"Hello Sunshine" Phone Case: Kate Spade
Affirmation Bracelets: BCBGeneration
Sunnies: Emilio Pucci








Do you agree that it's hard to "dress" during the summer months?

XO
Mz Savvy Style

Linking up with Monday Mingle, Funday Monday, Mix It Monday's, Trend Spin Linkup and Style Sessions (links in sidebar ----->)

4 comments:

Krista - Tall Snob said...

I love how a scarf can add the perfect finishing touch. Great job on your outfit.

Unknown said...

you look great....love those trousers!

Rhea, Et Cetera - Nautical Summer

Doused In Pink said...

I'm loving the relaxed pant trend but still have not found a pair that I like on me. Such a perfect work casual look!

Jill
dousedinpink.blogspot.com

The Gifted Gabber said...

What a clean and polished look. I totally agree with you about dressing professionally in the summer. I am a school teacher so, luckily, I don't have to worry about it much in June or July. But back when I was in the journalism world, I used to struggle with professional wear in the office in the summer. Stopped by from Style Sessions.
Amy @http://www.thegiftedgabber.com