Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Inexpensive Style with Forever 21

OK ~ I'm not 21.  I'm actually the mother of a 21 year old (and a 20 year old and a 24 year old) but I still shop at Forever 21, especially Forever21.com.  It's my go-to for fun, trendy pieces like leather leggings and joggers, all things faux fur, jumpsuits and casual sweaters.  Right now Forever 21 is having a great sale that I stumbled on today while doing a little lunchtime online browsing and I wanted to share it with you all.  Ready?  For every sale item you buy you get one free!  That means on top of already great sale prices you get two items for the price of one!  I created a few outfits using some of the pieces from the sale to give you some ideas ~ a day outfit and a night outfit...





Leather Joggers are one of my favorite trends this season!  They are so easy to dress up or down.  My favorite way to wear them is paired with a slightly slouchy crew neck sweater, fuzzy faux fur vestpointy toe flats (the pointy toe helps elongate the leg) and a bold layered statement necklace.  And you can never go wrong with a quilted crossbody bag.  (The joggers, sweater and vest are part of the buy one get one sale.)

Another trend I am all about is a great jumpsuit.  I'd been know to replace my lbd with a lbj a lot in the past year.  I even wore one to Star 94's "Little Black Dress Party".   Paired with a great pair of heeled peep-toe booties, a sassy leopard clutcha fun fringed bib necklace (it compliments the lower neckline) and a fabulous faux fur jacket it's makes the perfect date-night/night-out outfit.  (The jumpsuit and jacket are both on the buy one get one sale.)

Forever 21 pieces are not forever-in-your-wardrobe pieces but they are a really fun way to embrace current trends and try something you wouldn't normally try!

XO
Elizabeth

No comments: