Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Limits and Favorites

I'm back after an almost six week, completely unintended blogging break.  It's a long story but it all boils down to the fact that I was trying my hardest to do it all and it got the best of me.  Keeping up with a very stressful day job, getting my Stella & Dot business off the ground, taking care of my family, running a home, being a good friend, daughter, sister, the blog, up at 4:15am to not hit the pillow until after 11:00pm (and the list goes on) made me exhausted, overwhelmed and sick.  I got shingles due to the stress.  I kept telling myself I could keep going, that I could keep doing it all but I realized that I have my limits.  I hate to admit it.  As a type A, never stop kind of person it's a hard realization, but I can't do it all.  Or maybe I can for a while (which I'd been doing) but the exhaustion, stress and anxiety would catch up and take me out for a while.  So I had to back off of a few things, get rest and get better.  I also had to make some decisions about letting some things go and I have decided that the day job is it.  So June 1st I will be moving on and focusing on my Stella & Dot business and the blog/styling/personal shopping.  It's a leap of faith but it's time, it's necessary and it's really exciting!  Thank you for hanging in there for this little hiatus of mine and not leaving me!  I promise there are great things to come for Mz Savvy Style!!  Until June, when I can finally have the time I need to blog several times a week, I'll do my best to post at least twice a week.  I've missed the creativity of blogging and I've missed all of you!

Now back to fashion...  I've got several sets of really great winter outfit pictures that I want to share with you all before it gets too warm out and faux fur and layers looks silly.  I'll throw in a little spring style inspiration along the way too until I totally transition over to the new season.


This outfit consists of most of my favorite pieces from this fall/winter season ~ the perfect leopard pumps, distressed boyfriend jeans (I'm obsessed with distressed denim - it's become an addiction!), snakeskin cross-body bag with a gorgeous gold chain strap, the coolest faux fur/sweatshirt jacket and a mixed metal tassel necklace that goes with everything!

This Tassel Necklace is a must have for every wardrobe!  It's my go-to.








... At least not all at once!

Shoes are Nine West, jeans are Genetic c/o Encore Athens (love these), faux fur jacket is from Piperlime, bag is Cynthia Rowley from T.J. Maxx a few years ago (this one is at the top of my spring wish list!) and my jewelry is all Stella & Dot!!

One more REALLY cool thing I wanted to share with all of you... Alyson, the fabulous blogger behind the must read blog The Average Girl's Guide, did a post on the best style bloggers over 40 and guess who made the list?!  Me!  Check it out here!

XO
Elizabeth


All photos are by Diana Zylow

This week's linkups are in the side bar --->

No comments: