Monday, April 8, 2013

Mixing Old With New

I'm back from a two week un-planned blogging break. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans! Hopefully I'll be back on my regular schedule now!

I think my favorite trend of the past year is pattern mixing. I really played it safe at first sticking with black and white, stripes and polka dots but the more comfortable I got with the trend the more fun I started to have. Now when I look at a piece of patterned clothing I think, "what other pattern could I mix with this?" I just bought the cutest pair of brown and blue floral shorts that I'm dying to find another pattern to mix with! I decided I needed a pair of polka dot jeans when Blair from Atlantic Pacific wore a yellow pair about a year ago and totally rocked them (she rocks everything though!). I found these recently on clearance at Old Navy ~ polka dots jeans on clearance ~ you can't get much better than that! I've had this Loft jacket FOR-EV-ER! I think putting it with the polka dot jeans gives it new life. I've also had these Target espadrille wedges FOR-EV-ER! I love them so much I bought them in all three different colors they had ~ red, white and blue! Do you "buy in bulk" when you find something you love? What about pattern mixing? Do you play it safe or step out of your comfort zone?

Have a savvy and stylish start to your week!

<3 Mz Savvy Style

I'm linking up with Monday Mingle and YOLO Monday's (links in the sidebar)











4 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Simply adorable! Love the espadrille wedges!

RedTagChicLosAngeles said...

I'll always be a huge fan of espadrille wedges....you absolutely rock it with the rest of the outfit!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Chrissy R said...

I haven't tried yet, but you know I'm inspired now! Really like the pop of red with your purse. Very cute!

Callie said...

Your jacket is really awesome - I love how you paired it with the bright yellow shirt. =) You look gorgeous!!
Visiting from the YOLO Monday linkup!
~Callie
www.creationsbycallie.com