Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cure on the Catwalk

About a month or so ago I was asked, as a member of the Southern Blog Society, to participate in the W ThinksPINK: Cure on the Catwalk event to benefit the Pink Heals Foundation.  The Pink Heals Foundation was started by Lisa, a young cancer survivor, as a way to help other young cancer survivors and those currently in treatment for cancer transition in to the "new normal".  This is the fourth year The Pink Heals Foundation has teamed up with the W Atlanta-Buckhead hotel, Shops Around Lenox and Southern Blog Society and Van Micheal Salon to host a fashion show, featuring young Survivors as models and members of The Southern Blog Society as stylists and models.  The week before the show I met with my Survivor, Kara, for a day of shopping and styling at our assigned store, Fab'rik.  We had a great time choosing our runway looks!  The event was held last Thursday night, poolside, at the W Atlanta-Buckhead hotel.  Van Michael Salon provided awesome hair stylists and makeup artists to get us runway ready before the show.  Vixen Vodka provided a signature pink cocktail made specifically for the event and we enjoyed light bites by Cook Hall Atlanta.  The gorgeous (and very sweet) Julie Moran, a Georgia native and TV host, was our MC for the evening.

It was an honor to be part of this amazing event and walk along strong, beautiful, inspiring survivors!  (And to finally get to meet some of my fellow SBS bloggers, who, up until now I only knew through their blogs, Twitter and Instagram!). It was a beautiful night!

<3 Mz Savvy Style

I was invited by Nikki of Bedazzles After Dark to be part of her Game Day Outfit post.  You can see what me and several other bloggers are rocking to show our teams love here.

I'm also linking up Working Girl Style.  



Getting styled by Van Michael Salon

Rooftop view


Me and my survivor and friend, Kara in our outfits from Fab'rik

Our gorgeous MC, Julie Moran

Walking the catwalk

Strike a pose

The evening's models - Southern Blog Society bloggers and the fabulous survivors

My momma (a two time cancer survivor) and me.

My blogger friend, Jennifer of JennySue Makeup and me

No comments: