Monday, June 9, 2014

Leather For Summer

I love leather (and faux leather) in any shape or form ~ skirts, tops, dresses, bags, shoes, pants, joggers, details, leggings, vests, jackets, shorts... the list goes on and on.  I think it adds a touch of edge and sophistication to any outfit.  I was really into leather pants and leggings this past fall and winter so of course I had to find a less hot alternative for spring and summer and I found it in the form of shorts.  They are so easy to dress down with a simple men's T and flats or dress up, like I did here, with a silk tank and heels. I wear these shorts so much I also bought them in camel and in white.  Look for them on the blog soon!


What I'm Wearing ~
Faux Leather Shorts: Forever 21
Silk Tank: Thrifted (splurgesave)
Lace-up Cage Sandals: BCBGeneration via TJMaxx ~ I wear these shoes about 3-5 times a week! TJMaxx had them last week in tan and I ALMOST caved... (I have this pair in white and they are just as comfortable as the pair I'm wearing)
Bag: Tory Burch (last season, current version here and canvas version here)
Sunnies: Coach via TJMaxx (identical)
Necklace and Bracelets: c/o Mes Bijoux etc
Lips: Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine
Tan: Suave Visible Glow Gradual Self Tanner (I'm on my third tube. It's so easy to use and gives you a hit on color without turning you orange!)













XO
Mz Savvy Style

Linking up with Monday Mingle, What I Wore To Church, Funday Monday, Mix It Mondays, Trend Spin Linkup and Style Sessions

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was great to meet you last week at the Fab'rik show! This outfit is so cute! I love the leather shorts!

Nicole
Nicole to the Nines

The CHIC Insomniac said...

Super cute look!! ����

The CHIC Insomniac

Jessica Jannenga said...

I love this whole look. I have wanted a pair of leather shorts, live in the south, but wonder if they would be too hot. They look fab on you. Also your shoes are awesome.
From the link up, jess
Stop by if you can
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Unknown said...

Love those shorts!!

Jenna from Visions of Vogue