Friday, August 19, 2016

Summer Style ~ Rompin Around Apalachicola

I've always been a big fan of a girl's day out ~ especially when it involves shopping and lunching with my favorite ladies while on vacation!  We always take a day while on our annual beach trip to spend time, just us girls, shopping the local Apalachicola boutiques like La Robe and Deep Southern and eating yummy fish tacos at Tamara's Cafe.  Keeping cool (well, as cool as you can when it's over 100 degrees out), looking cute (again, as cute as you can when it's over 100 degrees out) and staying comfortable (same ;-)) are important on GDO and this ivory romper and gold gladiators were the perfect OOTD.  Plus, it is easy to get in and out of, which is key when you are trying on all those cute clothes at the boutiques!








~ What I'm Wearing ~

Ivory Tiered Romper: Entourage Clothing (The one I'm wearing is sold out but here's a similar one)
Bralette: Entourage Clothing
Gladiators: Similar
Tassel Earrings: Stella & Dot
Gold Aviators: Stella & Dot















So now that vacation is over and done with and (as I've mentioned before) fall clothes are hitting my styling room by the box full, I'm ready to break out the flannel and boots!  But fall fashion transition happens slowly in the South.  Adding some fall to your wardrobe here means wearing fall colors, booties and a light layer or two until the temps turn cooler...which will probably be another two months (or more).  Another great way to add some fall to your look when it's still hot out is by trading in your summer bag for one in a fall hue, like brown, mustard or oxblood.  I've got my eye on this beauty to start carrying in September!

XO

Elizabeth

Photos by GiGi Hall in beautiful Apalachicola, Florida

No comments: