Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's Good To Be A Girl!

I have to admit, I'm super excited about this post and have been since I came up with the idea a few months ago!  I've been looking for the opportunity to include my girls on my blog ~ they are both beautiful, each have a great sense of style and are really good writers (unlike their momma!).  Vera Bradley's new "It's Good To Be A Girl" campaign seemed like the perfect time to feature them because we Herrin girls sure do love most everything about being a girl!!

My girls and I spent last Saturday morning together doing some of our favorite things ~ coffee, shopping, talking, laughing, lunching and chatting about why each of us think it's good to be a girl!

We sure do love Jittery Joe's, downtown Athens and girl time!



Laughing is our favorite

Selfies (usies) and Snapchat ("Painted Feathers" phone case c/o Vera Bradley)





Madison Christina is my baby girl, the youngest of my three kids.  She's 21 (almost 22!) and is a senior in college majoring in PR/Communications. To know Madie is to love Madie.  She lights up a room and always has a smile on her sweet face.  Oh, and she wants to marry Tim Tebow, so if anyone has any connections please help a girl out! ;-)

Why It's Good To Be A Girl in Madison's words...



~ What Madison's Wearing ~

Leggings: TJ Maxx
Faux Suede OTK Boots: Entourage Clothing
Arrow Necklace: Entourage Clothing
Sunnies: Vera Bradley c/o
Leather Tote: Vera Bradley c/o




 Megan Grace is my oldest, my "apple", my shining star.  She's been married to Colton, her high school sweetheart, for a little over 3 1/2 years.  She's also the strongest, most determined person I know.  She may be little but she is fierce!

Why It's Good To Be A Girl in Megan's words...

It’s good to be a girl because, “Playing dress up begins at age 5 and never truly ends.” Kate Spade said this and I believe this to be true. I feel like my style changes depending on my mood. I’m not just referring to my clothes when I say ‘style,’ but my makeup as well. I view clothes and makeup as a fun and creative way to express myself. Boys don’t necessarily have that option to change up their clothing and makeup depending on how they are feeling that day! I feel like my style is constantly changing and I do consider it dress most of the time! Some days I feel like I am embracing my inner Hippie and everything from my hair, to my makeup, to my clothes embraces the boho style. I do the same thing with girlie girl style or casual chic. This purse from Vera Bradley and the clothes I chose from Entourage (pictured below) are very versatile. I can use this purse as a pop of color with any outfit that I choose for the day and the Entourage clothing can be mixed and matched to fit the way I am feeling any day of the week! 




~ What Megan's Wearing ~

Faux Suede Tank Top: Entourage Clothing
Distressed Denim: Entourage Clothing
Faux Suede Ankle Booties: Entourage Clothing
Tassel Necklace: Stella & Dot (retired) | This one is one of my favorites!
Tripple Compartment Bag: Vera Bradley c/o
Sunnies: Vera Bradley c/o






Why I think It's Good To Be A Girl...

There are SO many reasons why I think it's good to be a girl!  From big things like having really awesome, supportive girl friends, some who have been in my life for.ev.er and some who have only been in my life for a few years, to little things like Gilmore Girls marathons with my girls (November 25th can't get here fast enough!) and being able to wear leopard print every.single.day if I feel like it!  But for me the number one reason it's good to be a girl is the privilege and blessing of being a mom.  There is nothing that compares.  No job that's greater.  Nothing that makes me happier.  My kids, the three I gave birth to and the one that became mine when he married my daughter, are my joy, my heart and why I think It's REALLY Good To Be A Girl!!




~ What I'm Wearing ~

Faux Fur Vest: Entourage Clothing
Tunic Top: Entourage Clothing (one sale for $24!)
Faux Leather Leggings: SPANX (They are the best leggings ever and probably the most worn item of clothing in my closet in the fall/winter.)
Necklace: Stella & Dot (Can be worn several ways!)
Faux Suede OTK Boots: Entourage Clothing
Sunnies: Vera Bradley c/o (My most favorite sunglasses I've ever owned!)
Leighton Backpack: Vera Bradley c/o












OK, it's your turn!  Why do you think It's Good To Be A Girl?!  Please leave a comment and let me know!  And one more thing... would you like to see more of these mother/daughter style posts?  Let me know your thoughts on that too!

XO
Elizabeth

Photos by Sarah Rawls and taken in beautiful Athens, Georgia

1 comment:

Blogger said...

YoBit allows you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

You can press CLAIM as many times as 30 times per one captcha.

The coins will held in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or Dollars.