Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's Good To Be A Girl!

I have to admit, I'm super excited about this post and have been since I came up with the idea a few months ago!  I've been looking for the opportunity to include my girls on my blog ~ they are both beautiful, each have a great sense of style and are really good writers (unlike their momma!).  Vera Bradley's new "It's Good To Be A Girl" campaign seemed like the perfect time to feature them because we Herrin girls sure do love most everything about being a girl!!

My girls and I spent last Saturday morning together doing some of our favorite things ~ coffee, shopping, talking, laughing, lunching and chatting about why each of us think it's good to be a girl!

We sure do love Jittery Joe's, downtown Athens and girl time!



Laughing is our favorite

Selfies (usies) and Snapchat ("Painted Feathers" phone case c/o Vera Bradley)





Madison Christina is my baby girl, the youngest of my three kids.  She's 21 (almost 22!) and is a senior in college majoring in PR/Communications. To know Madie is to love Madie.  She lights up a room and always has a smile on her sweet face.  Oh, and she wants to marry Tim Tebow, so if anyone has any connections please help a girl out! ;-)

Why It's Good To Be A Girl in Madison's words...



~ What Madison's Wearing ~

Leggings: TJ Maxx
Faux Suede OTK Boots: Entourage Clothing
Arrow Necklace: Entourage Clothing
Sunnies: Vera Bradley c/o
Leather Tote: Vera Bradley c/o




 Megan Grace is my oldest, my "apple", my shining star.  She's been married to Colton, her high school sweetheart, for a little over 3 1/2 years.  She's also the strongest, most determined person I know.  She may be little but she is fierce!

Why It's Good To Be A Girl in Megan's words...

It’s good to be a girl because, “Playing dress up begins at age 5 and never truly ends.” Kate Spade said this and I believe this to be true. I feel like my style changes depending on my mood. I’m not just referring to my clothes when I say ‘style,’ but my makeup as well. I view clothes and makeup as a fun and creative way to express myself. Boys don’t necessarily have that option to change up their clothing and makeup depending on how they are feeling that day! I feel like my style is constantly changing and I do consider it dress most of the time! Some days I feel like I am embracing my inner Hippie and everything from my hair, to my makeup, to my clothes embraces the boho style. I do the same thing with girlie girl style or casual chic. This purse from Vera Bradley and the clothes I chose from Entourage (pictured below) are very versatile. I can use this purse as a pop of color with any outfit that I choose for the day and the Entourage clothing can be mixed and matched to fit the way I am feeling any day of the week! 




~ What Megan's Wearing ~

Faux Suede Tank Top: Entourage Clothing
Distressed Denim: Entourage Clothing
Faux Suede Ankle Booties: Entourage Clothing
Tassel Necklace: Stella & Dot (retired) | This one is one of my favorites!
Tripple Compartment Bag: Vera Bradley c/o
Sunnies: Vera Bradley c/o






Why I think It's Good To Be A Girl...

There are SO many reasons why I think it's good to be a girl!  From big things like having really awesome, supportive girl friends, some who have been in my life for.ev.er and some who have only been in my life for a few years, to little things like Gilmore Girls marathons with my girls (November 25th can't get here fast enough!) and being able to wear leopard print every.single.day if I feel like it!  But for me the number one reason it's good to be a girl is the privilege and blessing of being a mom.  There is nothing that compares.  No job that's greater.  Nothing that makes me happier.  My kids, the three I gave birth to and the one that became mine when he married my daughter, are my joy, my heart and why I think It's REALLY Good To Be A Girl!!




~ What I'm Wearing ~

Faux Fur Vest: Entourage Clothing
Tunic Top: Entourage Clothing (one sale for $24!)
Faux Leather Leggings: SPANX (They are the best leggings ever and probably the most worn item of clothing in my closet in the fall/winter.)
Necklace: Stella & Dot (Can be worn several ways!)
Faux Suede OTK Boots: Entourage Clothing
Sunnies: Vera Bradley c/o (My most favorite sunglasses I've ever owned!)
Leighton Backpack: Vera Bradley c/o












OK, it's your turn!  Why do you think It's Good To Be A Girl?!  Please leave a comment and let me know!  And one more thing... would you like to see more of these mother/daughter style posts?  Let me know your thoughts on that too!

XO
Elizabeth

Photos by Sarah Rawls and taken in beautiful Athens, Georgia

No comments: