Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Breaking the Rules

Sometimes rules are made to be broken, especially fashion rules.  Honestly, fashion rules are the most fun to break because that's one of the best ways to show your individual style (hello pattern mixing and leopard and camo as neutrals!).  I've not honored the "don't wear white after Labor Day" rule in quite some time. Would I wear a white linen sundress, a pair of super strappy white sandals or carry a white straw bag after Labor Day?  Probably not.  Would I wear white jeans, a white sweater or white tennis shoes? Yep! Absolutely! I actually have this pair of white jeansthis lace-up sweater and these kicks as part of my fall shopping list.  The espadrilles I'm wearing in today's post have become go-to's and I'm not ready to retire them for the fall yet and the tank is a great basic that works well alone or layered under a kimono, like I did here, or under a vest, cardigan or denim jacket as the temps drop.







~ What I'm Wearing ~
Floral Kimono: Forever 21 (old) | Similar
White Tank: Nordstrom (Comes in several colors)
Espadrilles: Old Navy
Watch: Jord | Identical
Bowler Bag: Vera Bradley
Jeans: Nordstrom
Aviators: Stella & Dot
Beaded Tassel Necklace: Stella & Dot (On sale for under $45!)
Leather Mixed Metal Wrap Bracelet: Stella & Dot













Do you wear white after Labor Day?  What other fashion rules do you break?  Side note, I mentioned my fall shopping list earlier in this post and I spent some time this long holiday weekend updating my "shop" page with things I'm loving for the season.  Make sure to check it out here!

XO
Elizabeth

Photos by Hannah Betzel in Athens, Georgia

No comments: